I’ve been starting to write more proposals, give a few more presentations, and starting on the journey of la vie publique speaker-y. A friend of mine made a resolution in 2012 to speak more, and she’s accumulated quite the scorecard now.
I loved her first list that started her journey, and have meant to post my own for some time. But of course, this is many people’s “big leap” — from the idea of speaking to some concrete topics. So here we go, my starter list:
* Object-oriented CSS
* CSS for large applications/Scaling Your CSS
* How to displace worst practices (and rescue your CSS)
* Falling back in love with the box model (with CSS3)
* Intro to Python
* Intro to Ruby
* Building a simple API with Piston (Django/Python)
* Intro to Haml/Sass (usually goes well with a Ruby audience)
* WordPress (management, themes, development)
* Freelancer pricing models/advice (most of the time, it’s this)
* Blogging (or why you should/shouldn’t blog)
Where’s your list?